Salmon Bites have become my go to appetizer. I was actually at a party last weekend and a friend of mine brought them. I was so flattered. Why is it a go to? Well… besides tasting fantastic, they are super easy to make, look beautiful and are not going to break the bank. Also, they can be used for really any meal, particularly breakfast or lunch. I actually regularly eat them for breakfast especially when traveling. Most restaurants have smoked salmon and a cucumber and some hot sauce and that is really all you need!
Prep Time: 10 – 15 minutes
Cook Time: none
Servings: About 30 pieces
• 1 package smoked salmon
• 1 English cucumber
• Grated ginger (I use a brand called the Ginger People – at WF or online from Abe’s Market)
• Sriracha sauce
1. Make the cucumber look pretty – either fork it or peel stripes on it.
2. Thinly slice the cucumber on an angle so that the slice is bigger than if you cut it straight.
3. Neatly place a piece of salmon on top of each cucumber slice, enough to cover it, but not too much so it looks sloppy.
4. Put some grated ginger on top (I use a fork to do this.)
5. Put a drop of Sriracha sauce on top of ginger and serve on a platter.
Looks like you fussed, and there is nothing wrong with that!! Here is a tip, if you are traveling with these, put the Sriracha on when you get to your destination so it doesn’t run all over the place. Don’t make these too far in advance as they will discolor over time.