For dinner, I wanted to make something easy and yummy; that has mass appeal in our house. I found this recipe earlier this summer on Nom Nom paleo and we all devoured it, especially the kids. I made 3 full pounds of chicken, plus the veggies and there wasn’t a morsel left.
I served it with rice for the kids and bok choy for Matt and me. (The kids tried a no thank you portion.) I had never made bok choy before this summer when I got it in the CSA share. It is REALLY good.
Thai Curry Chicken – Adapted from Nom Nom Paleo
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Servings: About 6
• 3 pounds of boneless chicken breasts, trimmed and cubed
• Assorted vegetables (Fresh or Frozen) – I used shredded carrots (1/2 bag), 1 zucchini, 1 red pepper, 2 celery stalks and snap peas (1/2 bag)
• 2 tbsp. red curry paste
• 2 cups coconut milk
• ½ chopped fresh basil
• 1 – 2 tbsp. coconut oil
• Salt and pepper
1. Melt coconut oil in large pan. Add chicken and coat with salt and pepper. Cook until just a tiny bit pink still.
2. Add veggies, one veggie at a time, stir in between.
3. Mix curry with coconut milk in a separate bowl. Add ½ and stir to combine.
4. Add basil and the remaining milk mixture until there is a decent amount of sauce. According to my kids, it is the sauce that makes this! Simmer for a few and then serve.
This makes a lot!!!!!! If you are cooking for little kids or just 2, cut this in half. My kids were total pigs last night!