This salad is really pretty for company, it is from one of my oldest posts, so sorry for the lousy picture, yet again.
Pomegranate and Jicama Salad
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: none
• ½ lb. organic mixed greens (use 1 small container of Olivia’s organics)
• ½ bag shredded carrots
• ½ English cucumber thinly sliced, with skins on and with fork stripes
• 1 small jicama peeled and cubed (see my jicama post for more info)
• ½ container of golden grape tomatoes sliced in half
• Pomegranate seeds
• ¼ cup Pomegranate vinegar
• ¼ cup White wine vinegar
• ¼ cup Olive oil
• 1 – 2 tbsp. Lemon Juice
• 1 – 2 tbsp. Orange Juice (fresh, if you have it, omit if not)
• Maple syrup, as desired
• 1 – 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Layer salad with alternating ingredients in a large bowl and make sure to decorate top with cucumbers and pomegranate seeds.
2. Whisk dressing together. I totally made this up and it tasted great, but can’t remember the exact quantities. DEFINITELY taste some before serving.
3. I always serve dressing on the side because some people like a lot, some a little and you can eat leftover undressed salad, but leftover dressed salad is nasty!