Paleo Pad Thai is one of our most favorite meals. I have learned (the hard way) that this dinner is a multi-step process. If you can plan things out, you can whip dinner up quickly. If you haven’t planned, save this tasty one for the weekend when you have more time. I broke the prep down into 4 steps, steps 1 – 3 you can do earlier in the day or 2 or 3 days in advance. Step 4 is the real dinner prep.
Step 1: Make the chicken – (see my post on Super chicken thighs)
Step 2: Dice the chicken and save for later. The chicken will last a few days in the frig.
Step 3: Make the sauce. I used the recipe from Well Fed and it will last for several days in your frig. It makes a great dip as I previously noted in the jicama post.
Step 4: Get ready to make dinner!
Paleo Pad Thai – Adapted from Well Fed
Prep time – 15 minutes
Cook time – 15 minutes
Servings – 6
- 1 1/2 – 2 pounds chicken thighs
- Double batch of sauce from Well Fed (see link above)
- 4 – 6 scallions (green part only), chopped or cut with shears
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp. coconut aminos for eggs
- 1/4 cup of coconut aminos (as needed)
- 2 tbsp. lime juice (as needed)
- 4 small zucchinis
- 2 sweet peppers, diced
- 1/2 bag shredded carrots
- 1 bag of snap peas or 1 1/2 cups
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Spiralize the zucchinis (I used 2 golden and 2 green) to make zoodles
Scramble eggs in a small pan with 2 tbsp. coconut aminos
In large skillet, warm coconut oil on medium heat
Saute snap peas, carrots and scallions
Add zoodles and continue to sauté
- Add chicken and continue to sauté
- Add eggs and continue to sauté
- Stir in sauce to coat well
- Add salt and pepper if needed
- Add additional coconut aminos and/or lime juice to adjust consistency so it is not too goopy.
- Serve immediately
We eat this meal with chop sticks so that we eat slowly and savor every bite!