Every once in a while, I still order pizza for the boys, all of them, including Matt. Pizza is pretty much instant death for me between the dairy and the gluten, so I really do have to abstain. A breakfast pizza, though, made with eggs, was right up my alley. When I order pizza, there is always a fight over toppings, who wants what and who doesn’t. So, I decided that these pizzas would be “make your own” for each of us.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 4 – 5
2 tbsp. garlic infused olive oil
- 10 eggs
- 1 – 2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp. oregano or Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
Toppings (just suggestions)
- Sauce (I use Raos jarred sauce, which is paleo)
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Shredded cheese, feta or goat cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk the “crust” ingredients in a large bowl.
- Spray cake or pie pans (8″) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Divide egg mixture into pans, evenly, if possible to avoid arguments.
- Bake crust in oven, checking frequently until eggs set about 3 – 5 minutes.
- While eggs are baking, prep pizza toppings. I made this easy on myself and used leftover bacon, pre-cooked sausage, pre-cut onions, sliced olives etc.
- When eggs are done, remove from oven. If kids are helping, make sure to let the eggs cool a little bit and/or use caution because the pans will be hot.
- Cover each pizza with toppings as desired and place back in the oven for another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and slice with pizza cutter, serve immediately.
Note: If you want to make one big pizza, that is totally cool too. Use a full sized pizza dish or a 9 by 13 pyrex pan. You may have to adjust the egg cooking time a little bit, just make sure to check.
Then, watch it disappear…