So this is a recipe that I made a while ago. Usually when that happens, I will make it again before I post it just to make sure I remembered the details. This recipe is really easy, though, and since I am not cooking so much because of my nurse-maid duties, I figured I’d share it with you anyhow.
It was inspired by a recipe in Quick and Easy Paleo Comfort Foods. I made it a little more kid friendly and added some veggies too.
Creamy Shrimp with Peppers
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 – 15 minutes
Servings: 6 or so
2 to 2 1/2 lbs. of extra large shrimp, preferably wild, not farm raised
- 2 tbsp. garlic infused olive oil or plain olive oil and 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 4 scallions chopped, green part only
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 2 cans diced, stewed or fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 – 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 – 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add oil to large saucepan on medium heat.
- Add shrimp and cook until just barely pink.
- Add peppers and scallions and sauté.
- Add tomatoes and stir.
- Then add 1/2 cup of coconut milk and vinegar and stir.
- If more liquid is needed, add more of each in equal proportions.
- Add the chopped basil, salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
I served this with rice, but it would be fantastic with zoodles or spaghetti squash.