Noah has been kind of uninterested with all of my chicken recipes recently, so I decided to make something that I really thought he would like, in particular. It was definitely a touchdown with everyone (not a home run) as it would be a fantastic recipe to make for a super bowl party!
Buffalo Chicken Bites – Adapted from Weeknight Paleo
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 5 with maybe enough for lunch the next day
2 1/2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces. (Don’t make them too big or they will take too long to cook and dry out!)
- 2 tbsp. garlic infused EVOO or 1 tbsp. EVOO and 1/2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp – 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, depending on how spicy you like things
- 3/4 cup homemade ketchup (see recipe below)
- 4 – 5 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Several drops of sriracha sauce, again based on the spice factor
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees
In a large bowl, combine all wet and dry ingredients together and stir well. Sample it for the hotness factor and adjust as needed.
- Add chicken pieces to the bowl and coat well.
- Take out a large jelly roll pan or cookie sheet with sides and cover with parchment paper.
- Spread the chicken out evenly on the pan and place in the oven to cook.
- Check on chicken after about 10 minutes to make sure it is cooking evenly.
- Serve immediately from the oven when done cooking.
I served the buffalo bites with extra sriracha for my husband, who likes things extra spicey, sweet potato fries (just coconut oil, sweet potato wedges, paprika and salt) and a crudité with ranch dressing. (see my post on that under appetizers)