I finally got the beef right!!!! Seriously, this beef was melt in your mouth, pull apart with your fingers or fork tender. My family gobbled it up. Best of all, this was the EASIEST recipe.
Crockpot Mexican Beef
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
Servings: 6 dinner sized servings
- 2 1/2 – 3 pounds chuck beef stew meat cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1 tbsp. garlic infused olive oil or 1 tbsp. EVOO and 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 can diced chilies
- 1 cup salsa, look for a jar with few ingredients, no added sugar etc.
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Take out crockpot and set for 8 hours cooking on low.
- Add olive oil and/or garlic to the bottom of the pot.
- Add the beef next, making sure pieces are separated and not too big.
- Sprinkle chili powder and diced chilies next.
- Then add tomato paste, salsa and chicken broth.
- Stir ingredients together in the crock pot.
- Add salt and pepper last, cover and cook.
- Before serving, add chopped cilantro to each serving.
I wasn’t home to even check this recipe out part way. After 8 hours and 1 hour of cooling it was done and ready to eat. The liquid that went along with this was so fantastic too that I drained it out and ate it as soup. (Is that gross? Believe me it was so tasty, you would do it too!) You can serve over cauliflower rice or spaghetti squash or even steamed kale.