Personal stuff below, skip right to the recipe if you want, I won’t be offended!
So, if you know me well, you know that I have been a huge intermittent faster for years. Is this a good thing, well maybe for some people and maybe it was for me for a while, but right now, not so much. I have been experiencing a ton of symptoms ranging from high cortisol levels, adrenal fatigue, vitamin D deficiency, sleepless nights, high cholestrol , very low energy and mild depression. Fortunately for me, my friend Donna had a mini-intervention with me after yoga yesterday. She had done some research for me, just because she is that kind of wonderful friend that listens and really tries to help her friends. (THANK YOU DONNA!) The great article she found for me is below.
I took her advice and decided, enough is enough, I am going to eat 3 zoned meals a day, no skipping, no picking, 3 meals. Yesterday was day one and I did it! I had just gone through a new cookbook called Slim Palate (by an 18 year old boy no less). This recipe jumped out at me and I made it yesterday, but then refined it this morning. Super easy and quick.
One more thing, I love to bake, but really really can’t bake in quantity unless I have a watchdog or duct tape over my mouth so I don’t eat the batter or more than my fair share of the goodie. This is a single serving recipe – yay me! It is 1 block for those of you who zone, so you could add to it or eat at least 2 of them.
Blueberry Coconut Breakfast Cake – Inspired by Slim Palate
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
- 1 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. coconut or almond milk
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin puree
- 5 drops liquid stevia (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla (I used double strength)
- dash of cinnamon
- 10 +/- blueberries
- In a ramekin, heat 1/2 tsp. coconut oil in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- In a small bowl, combine all the other ingredients except for the blueberries and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the ramekin, using a spatula to get every morsel.
- Place in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Add your blueberries and cook for 1 more minute.
- Eat immediately with a fork!
You could add some nut butter on top of it to make it really delicious too!