Ever since one of my zone facebook group friends announced she bought a spiralizer, I have been thinking about this recipe. I had all the ingredients and some time today since I am down 2 boys, so I decided to make myself a delicious lunch with enough for leftovers for the next day or 2.
Zoodles with Sundried Tomatoes and Chicken – Inspired by Primal Cravings
Prep Time: 15 – 20 minutes (excluding the chicken)
Cook Time: None
Servings: 4 – 5 lunch sized or side dish portions
3/4 to 1 lb. pre-cooked chicken (optional), I used my super chicken thigh recipe on the blog
- 4 medium sized zucchinis
- 1 pkg. sundried tomatoes, 2 ounces, softened in boiling water and drained
- 1/2 – 2/3 cup basil leaves, no stems
- 4 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. EVOO (you can use more, but I don’t like my zoodles oily at all)
- a few strands of fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spiralize the zucchinis into a medium sized bowl. You can use a vegetable peeler or a mandolin if you don’t have a spiralizer. The zucchini should look like spaghetti.
- Combine the remaining ingredients except for the chicken into a food processor and process until smooth.
- Stir the sauce into the zoodles and toss well to combine.
- This recipe made a little more sauce than I needed, so I have enough to use as a condiment or to combine with some kale.
- Slice chicken into small pieces and toss into zoodles.
- Serve either at room temperature or warm.