In the mood for Thai? Make it at home! To make it authentic, you could serve it with “peanut” sauce made with sunflower butter, but that was too much work for a week night and I didn’t have sunflower butter in the house. So, I served it with leftover sweet and sour sauce from the pina colada meatballs (check out my post for the details). Mmmm – a great combination. This recipe was super easy and received the coveted 3 thumbs up from my boys. Just make sure you leave enough time to marinate the chicken, the longer the better.
Prep Time: Marinade – 5 minutes, Skewer Chicken – 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 – 12 minutes
Servings: 6 good sized helpings
2 lbs. chicken cutlets (you can buy breasts, but need to cut them down smaller)
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tbsp. garlic infused olive oil or 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. minced ginger
- 1 – 2 tsp. salt
- Mix up the marinade in a medium sized bowl.
- Cut the chicken as necessary so it can easily fit on the skewers.
- Add chicken to marinade and refrigerate at least 2 hours, but longer is better.
- Warm up the grill to medium heat.
- Put the chicken on skewers.
- Place on grill making sure skewers do not touch.
- Be careful not to have the grill temperature up too high or these babies will fry.
- Cook for about 5 minutes and flip.
- Cook for another 5 minutes, check the chicken and remove if ready, cook a little more if not.
I served this with broccoli for Zach, snap peas for Jeremy, a no thank you helping of both for Noah and kale for Matt and me. Better to make more than one side dish than more than one entrée!!