These macaroons are unbelievable. Seriously, paleo or not, I have not met a person who literally didn’t make a yummy noise after biting into one of these babies. The recipe is from Paleo Parents and I haven’t changed a thing, but they definitely get all the credit, not me. Thanks to Lynne McVie for highlighting the recipe for me and for sharing a cookie at the end my life-changing paleo challenge at CFNE a few years ago.
I used Enjoy life chocolate chips, but you can use Ghiradelli bittersweet ones too. I also use the Let’s Do Organic brand creamed coconut, which you can order from amazon. The best thing about this recipe is that it has 5 ingredient, just 5. You can make a batch in no time!
WARNING: You may need to put duct tape over your mouth when you make these. The cookie dough batter is unbelievable too. I dare you to make these and not try just a little bit.
Coconut Chocolate Chip Macaroons – from Paleo Parents
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 20 – 24, depending on how much batter you eat!
- 2 cups finely shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 2/3 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp. Celtic sea salt (don’t omit, this is critical)
- 1 cup creamed coconut or coconut concentrate
- 1/2 – 2/3 cup of chocolate chips, depending on how chocolatey you like things
- Pre-heat the oven to 300 degrees
- Soften the coconut concentrate in some hot water if it is solid, you want it to be mushy, but not liquidy.
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium sized bowl except the chocolate chips.
- Once the batter is mixed thoroughly, add the chip and stir well.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Place tsp. sized drop off the batter on the cookie sheets.
- Flatten the batter with your hand.
- Place in the oven and cook for approximately 10 minutes.
- Make sure you don’t lose track of time as the cookies can get too brown around the edges before you know it!
- Once you remove from the oven, allow to cool for about 10 minutes so they don’t break up and then you can eat immediately!