These bars are heavenly. In fact, I just changed the name to say that. Although they are a fruit dessert and I typically won’t waste my time with dessert unless it contains chocolate, they have tons of nuts and coconut and raspberries, which are my all time favorite fruit. Thanks to Nicole Mohammed for introducing these to me. I found raspberry jam at Whole Foods that was just sweetened with 100% apple juice concentrate. I think next time I will just puree frozen raspberries with a little lemon juice, arrowroot flour (for thickening) and maple syrup for the filling.
Heavenly Raspberry Bars – Adapted from Elana’s Pantry
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 16 small bars or fewer bigger ones
Ingredients for the crust:
- 2 cups almond flour (I use Honeyville Brand)
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 1 tbsp. water
Instructions for the crust:
- Combine the ingredients in a medium sized bowl until they form a ball or pulse in your food processor.
- Push the crust down into the bottom of an 8 by 8 inch pyrex baking dish coated with ghee or coconut oil.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 – 12 minutes.
Ingredients for Filling
- 1 – 2 cups naturally sweetened raspberry jam. depending on how much you like
Ingredients for the Topping
- 1/4 cup ghee, melted
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 – 2 tbsp. maple syrup or honey, depending on how sweet you want it
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
Instructions for Filling and Topping
- While the crust is baking, prepare the topping.
- Combine the first 4 topping ingredients into your food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Then add the pecans and the coconut and pulse long enough to keep the ingredients chunky.
- Spread a layer of jam over the cooled crust.
- Sprinkle the Topping over the Jam
- Bake in the oven for 12 – 15 minutes until the topping starts to brown.
- Cool in the refrigerator for 2 hours before serving.
I serve these in paper baking cups as they can be a little messy and you don’t want to miss the change to eat every morsel!! If you try these with a homemade raspberry filling, let me know how it turns out!