What do you make for dinner when you really want to call for pizza but you can’t because (1) Pizza takes 30 minutes and you have to leave to drive carpool in 20 (2) You are in the middle of a nutrition challenge and (3) The kids actually had pizza last night already? You make Pizza Chicken! This recipe was so fast, so easy and so yummy, I think I will make it once a week from now until forever, seriously. Even Noah, who is not so into chicken liked it and said he would take it for lunch tomorrow. Matt made yummy noises, I am not kidding.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 – 20 minutes
Servings: About 7
2 – 3 lbs. of boneless chicken cutlets, cut into medium sized pieces/slices
- 2/3 – 1 jar of Raos brand Tomato and Basil sauce
- 1/2 package nitrate free pepperoni
- 1/2 pack pre-sliced mushrooms
- 1 – 2 roasted red peppers, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Dried Oregano
- Any other veggies or pizza toppings your family likes (optional)
- Shredded Cheese (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees
In a 9 by 13 pyrex pan, spread a thin layer of sauce to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Place the chicken slices over the sauce in a single layer.
- Add a thicker layer of sauce on top of the chicken.
- Spread the pepperoni, mushrooms, peppers and basil over the sauce.
- Add cheese if desired and then sprinkle oregano over the entire pan.
- Cook in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Cut into a thick piece of chicken to check if it is cooked.
- Return to oven if needed or remove promptly.
- Serve while still hot!
NOTE – I picked off the pepperoni on mine so did not blow the challenge again!