I am not a huge smoothie eater, but Matt asked for one this afternoon. Since it is Father’s Day, I was happy to oblige.
No Nonsense Smoothie
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: None
Servings: 1 – 2
1 medium sized banana
- 6 strawberries, stem removed
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk or almond milk
- 1/2 scoop protein powder (optional, see note below)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- a few drops of stevia (optional)
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups ice cubes, depending on how thick you like your smoothie
Note: I used Jay Robb unflavored egg white protein, which doesn’t have sweeteners or anything artificial in it. It also says the chickens are hormone free. Whey protein is more easily digestible but I can’t eat anything even remotely close to dairy so just have this in the house.
In your blender, add all of the ingredients listed in the order shown above.
- Blend smoothie for about 30 seconds.
- Check the consistency – if too thin, add more ice cubes and if too thick, add a little more coconut or almond milk.
- Blend again and serve immediately