So, I actually didn’t find this recipe or make it up. My friend Sherry scoped it out and brought it to my attention. I usually try and steer clear from paleo nugget recipes because I feel like I try so hard to make something that is not going to taste as good (in my kids’ minds anyhow) as a non-paleo nugget. However, these nuggets have buffalo seasoning and since that is my husband’s favorite, I decided to make them. After all, it was Father’s Day. After I made them, I reported back to Sherry and she did some tweaking for me on her version and I think we have them down pat! The original recipe was from Paleo Spirit.
Buffalo Chicken Nuggets
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 6 – 8
Ingredients for Nuggets:
2 pounds ground chicken or turkey (You should use dark meat if possible!)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Frank’s Red Hot Sauce or other Chili Pepper sauce
- 2 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp. garlic infused olive oil or 1 tbsp. EVOO and 1 tbsp. minced garlic
Ingredients for Nugget Coating:
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 4 tbsp. flax seed meal
- 1 tsp. Celtic Sea salt
Ingredients for Buffalo Sauce:
- 2/3 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce or other Chili Pepper sauce
- 5 tbsp. Ghee or grassfed butter, melted
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Mix together the nugget ingredients and form into small golf ball sized balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Flatten out the balls to an oval shape.
- Mix together the Nugget Coating in a small bowl.
- Dip each nugget into the coating, covering all sides and place back onto the cookie sheet.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the Buffalo sauce.
- After 15 minutes, remove the nuggets and smear the buffalo sauce on the nuggets with a pastry brush or spoon if you don’t have a brush. Make sure to cover the nuggets well with the Buffalo Sauce.
- Place back into the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately with Carrot and Celery sticks and Paleo ranch dressing.https://contemporarycavegirl.wordpress.com/2014/06/01/crudite-with-ranch-dressing/