So I have posted my emergency lunch on the blog – this is my emergency dinner. Initially I thought it was just something I would eat until Matt tried it a few weeks back and was like, wow, this is really good. It is simple and easy but there is something about how the flavors meld that makes it very comforting. I think using ghee if you have it and of course sea salt really makes a difference. This is my go to when I haven’t thought through dinner for myself and kids are eating something I wouldn’t consider.
Simple Kale and Eggs
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: About 5 – 6 minutes
Servings: Depends on how hungry you are, usually 2
- 2 – 3 cups kale
- 3 – 5 eggs
- 1 – 2 tbsp. ghee or grass-fed butter or organic butter
- Salt and pepper
- In a large frying pan, over medium heat, melt the ghee or butter in the pan.
- Add the kale and sauté.
- When kale starts turning bright green, add the eggs.
- Crack the eggs right into the pan and let them scramble amongst the kale.
- Continue to sauté until eggs are no longer runny.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
- Can add avocado slices or salsa as an accompaniment, but I like it plain!