I was inspired to make these after a saw a similar version at Whole Foods the other day. I didn’t even ask to look at the ingredients after the label indicated that they contained soy and dairy. I don’t know how these compare, but I do know they were delicious and my non turkey eating son, Noah, ate every bit on his plate. However, the grilled zucchini was not such a hit. How is it that when I spiralize the zucchini, no one leaves a bite, but when I serve it any other style, I might as well have put poison on their plates …
Coconut Lime Turkey Tips
Prep Time: 5 minutes for marinade, at least 2 hours (but 8 is better) to marinate
Cook Time: About 12 minutes, depending on how your grill cooks
2 pounds boneless turkey tenderloins
- 1 tbsp. EVOO
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk
- Few sprigs of fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. coriander
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl.
- Cut turkey tenderloins into smaller chunk sized pieces in place in a medium sized bowl.
- Add marinade to turkey and make sure it is well covered.
- Place in frig to marinate at least 2 hours, but longer is better.
- Pre-heat grill to medium temperature.
- Place turkey tips on grill and baste with excess marinade.
- Flip after 5 minutes and baste again.
- Depending on how thick the tips are, you may need one more flip.
- Once tips are cooked, remove from grill and serve with limes as a garnish.