Do you have the hungry horrors but don’t want to blow it on a big bowl of popcorn. These are a really good option for when the mood strikes. The recipe is verbatim from the Well Fed Cookbook. As I have said many times over, if you don’t have this cookbook, you should consider buying it. It is the cookbook that got me going on my paleo cooking adventures!
Cinnamony Salty Coconut Flakes – from Well Fed
Prep Time: 1 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Servings: 16 1/4 cup servings or 8 1/2 cup servings
4 cups of coconut flakes (not shredded), unsweetened
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- In a small bowl or cup, mix the salt and cinnamon together.
- In a large non-stick frying pan, add the coconut flakes and stir on medium high heat for about 3 minutes.
- Flakes should be browning, but NOT burnt. It can go bad pretty quickly so pay attention.
- Once flakes are cooked, remove from the heat immediately.
- Add mixture to flakes and stir to make sure they are coated well.
- Cool completely and store (what is left) in an airtight container to maintain crisp consistency.