This recipe is SO OLD! It is from my big red cookbook binder, that I revamped last summer and took out the recipes that were not even remotely paleo. Originally, the recipe contained 1 cup of canola oil and 2 tbsp. of sugar. HA! This new version is even better than the original. This is a great party appetizer and you can serve it with toothpicks or with a serving spoon and small plates. WARNING – This is not a last minute recipe as it needs to marinate for at least 8 hours, but overnight if possible.
Party Shrimp and Peppers
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: MARINATE 8 hours or overnight
Servings: 15, 4 shrimp each for appetizer portions
2 pounds of cooked shrimp (31 – 40 count)
- 1 large jar of roasted red peppers, diced
- 1/4 cup capers
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp. EVOO
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp. tabasco sauce
- 2 tbsp. worchestershire sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp. honey or maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- Rinse shrimp and squeeze with lemon juice.
- In a large bowl with a airtight top, combine shrimp, red peppers, capers and onions.
- In a mason jar or small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Shake well or whisk together.
- Pour marinade over shrimp.
- Seal bowl and shake well, making sure shrimp is well coated.
- Place into the frig to marinate. Stir from time to time.
- Serve chilled with toothpicks or a serving spoon and small plates.