So these nuts are really good. They are not good in an over the top, packed with flavor, I am going to eat the entire bucket good, but rather, they are a subtle, flavorful nut mixture that makes a nice addition to the bar when you are doing some summer entertaining. Not too sweet, Not too salty, Not too spicy. Just right.
Spiced Nuts – inspired by Paleo Comfort Foods
Prep Time: 1 minute
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 16 1/4 cup or 8 1/2 cup servings
- 4 cups of nuts – I used pecans, almonds and cashews, but you could add walnuts or macadamia nuts or just use one kind of nut
- 1 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. ghee
- In a small bowl, mix the spices together.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet to a medium high heat.
- Add the nuts and stir until golden brown.
- Add the vanilla and ghee to coat the nuts well.
- Sprinkle the spices over the nuts and stir to evenly coated.
- Lay the nuts out on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper to let them cool.
- Store them in an airtight container.