I made pina colada meatballs the other night and had some leftover crushed pineapple. I hate throwing it out, so saved it, not quite sure what I would do with it. Then, it came to me … add it to the baked sweet potatoes and see what happens. OK, what happens next is fabulous. These babies were warm and sweet and lip smacking good.
Pineapple Sweet Potatoes
Prep Time: 1 minute
Cook Time: 1 hours +/-
1 medium sized sweet potato, washed with the ends cut off
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup crushed pineapple (canned or fresh), drained
- 1 tbsp. ghee or grass-fed butter
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup or coconut sugar (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees
- Bake sweet potato on a cook sheet covered with parchment paper for 30 – 35 minutes, so it is soft, but not totally mushy.
- Take the potato out of the oven and carefully lift the skin off, making sure not to break the potato.
- Slice the potato in half and put it on a pyrex baking dish
- Score the potato and add the ghee or butter, allowing it to seep into the cracks.
- Spoon pineapple on top of potato.
- If adding sweetener, sprinkle on top of pineapple
- Bake in the oven for another 15 – 20 minutes until pineapple just starts to brown.
- Remove from oven and let sit for a few minutes to cool and then serve.