So I had never really considered grilling chicken thighs before. Don’t ask me why, because I just don’t know. A friend in one of my facebook groups posted a grilled chicken thigh recipe and I had to try it. They were fabulous, tasty, succulent, perfect, really. I just made up this new dressing/marinade and it is spot on. This will be my new go to. If your kids don’t like grilled chicken or you always wind up overcooking your chicken because it is too thick, thighs will solve all your problems!!
Sesame Ginger Grilled Chicken Thighs
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
2 pounds of boneless chicken thighs, trimmed of the fat
- 1 tbsp. minced ginger
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic and 1 tbsp. EVOO (or garlic infused olive oil)
- 3 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1/4 cup. coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. sesame seed
- dash of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place trimmed chicken thighs in a pyrex dish.
- In a mason jar or small bowl, whisk together the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the chicken thighs and marinate for at least 30 minutes, but longer is even better. You may not need all the dressing, so save it in the mason jar for a salad or another use.
- Pre-heat the grill to medium temperature.
- Place the chicken thighs on the grill and baste with any extra dressing still in the dish.
- Flip after about 5 minutes and cook until tender, about another 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.