If you have leftover salmon, I have the recipe for you. After I made the chopped salad with the salmon last week, I still had a half a pound of cooked salmon left. I could have easily made it into salmon salad or aimlessly picked at it, but when I discovered I actually had enough to make 2 lunches, I decided to that instead. SO GLAD with that choice. This recipe took no time to make and I was literally licking my plate when I was done.
Salmon and Zoodle Salad
6 – 8 ounces cooked salmon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill or 1 tbsp. dried dill
- 2 small zucchinis
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. homemade, paleo or vegan mayo
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots (optional)
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spiralize zucchinis into a medium sized bowl with a lid.
- Crumble salmon on top of the zoodles.
- Add the chopped dill.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients to make the dressing.
- Add the dressing to the salmon and zoodles.
- Put the lid on the bowl and shake well to coat the zoodles.
- Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
DIG IN! If you aren’t a salmon person, you could do this recipe with leftover shrimp or even chicken as long as the marinade on it isn’t too strong (think curry with lemon – YUCK). The dressing could be used with other kinds of fish too.
UPDATE – I made a similar version of this recipe today since I am not eating eggs. For the dressing I combined 3 tbsp. lemon, 3 tbsp. white wine vinegar, 3 tbsp. lemon infused olive oil, 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard, 1/2 tbsp. maple syrup. This made about 1/2 cup, so enough for a dressing or marinade for something else too.