This recipe is proof positive that adding spices to an ordinary dish, can make the dish extraordinary. I already have a lot of chicken salad recipes on the blog, but to be honest with you, it is so easy to make with leftover chicken and we all love it. This may be my favorite version yet.
Mexican Chicken Salad
Prep Time: 5 minutes (with leftover chicken)
Cook Time: None
Servings: 2, depending on how much chicken you have
- 1/2 to 1 lb. of cooked chicken (I used thighs), diced
- 2 – 4 tbsp. homemade mayo, depending on how much mayo you like https://contemporarycavegirl.wordpress.com/2014/06/02/fast-mayo/
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- a few tsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Add cumin, chili powder and paprika to mayo and mix well. Adjust seasoning as needed based on amount of mayo used.
- In a small bowl, mix together chicken and mayo.
- Add cilantro and tomato and combine.
Serve over lettuce or eat it like a taco on a lettuce leaf.