There, I said it. I know, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, dinner like a pauper. Call it Meal 1, Meal 2, Meal 3. It does not matter. I just don’t like to eat in the morning. But, I know I have to. I need to give my metabolism a jump start, I need energy to work out, I need to break my fast. All this stuff, so yeah, I usually choke down a hard boiled egg and a cucumber (in an effort to eat something green at each meal), along with a cup of decaf with coconut milk.
So this breakfast idea basically took my concept, an egg and something green, but it was cooked and had some spices and was warm and nice to look at and pretty much melts in your mouth. Besides that, it took NO TIME to make.
Egg and Zoodle Nests
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 6 cups
- 6 eggs
- 1 tomato
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Take a large cup muffin tin and grease it lightly with olive oil on a paper towel. (I think this method is better than using silicone liners).
- Spiralize or shred the zucchini to make the “nest”.
- Arrange the zucchini in the bottom of each muffin cup.
- Crack an egg over the center of the nest.
- Sprinkle oregano over the nest.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes. My eggs were still slightly runny which was perfect.
- Meanwhile, wash and slice the tomato to your desired thickness.
- Take muffin tin out of the oven and carefully remove the nests onto a slice of tomato.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and dig in!