We are visiting my sister and her family in Santa Cruz. It is gorgeous here and a nice change of pace from Boston! Like me, Rebecca no longer eats eggs so was filled with good suggestions for breakfast. (Hopefully my egg hiatus is temporary…) She makes this green smoothie almost daily. Thanks to my niece, Zoe, for setting up such a great photo.
Rebecca’s Green Smoothie
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: None
- 1/2 cup almond or coconut milk, plus possibly a tad more
- 1 tsp. nut butter of your choice (almond, cashew or sunflower)
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups of fresh spinach
- 5 – 6 pieces of frozen peaches (or another frozen fruit of your choice)
- 5 – 6 pieces of frozen mango (or another frozen fruit of your choice)
- 1 tsp. chia seeds (optional)
- A little bit of water if needed
- Add the ingredients into your blender in the order listed above.
- Blend for about 1 minute until it has the desired thickness.
- Add additional liquid if needed.
- Drink immediately through a straw, umbrella is optional.