Ground beef plus kids not in camp this week equals “Meaty Rice”. What is that? It is some version of ground meat combined with rice and different seasonings. I made Classic Meaty Rice (ground beef, rice, worchestershire sauce, shredded mozzerella cheese and Italian seasoning) for lunch on Monday. Yesterday I turned it into Mexican Meaty Rice (ground beef, rice, salsa, cheddar cheese in a tortilla) for lunch again. Then last night, I whipped together this little gem, which is another version of meaty rice with a fancier name! Try it at your house and mix in a combination that sounds good to you!
Boy Choy and Ground Beef Saute
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 – 12 minutes
Servings: 4 – 5
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 zucchini, chopped or spiralized
- 2 heads of baby bok choy, chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Juice from 1 orange
- 2 scallions, diced
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice, cauliflower rice or cooked quinoa
- 1/4 – 1/2 cups coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 6 dashes of sriracha
- salt and pepper
- In a large dutch oven or skillet, warm the olive oil.
- Add the ground beef and cook until just slightly pink.
- Add the scallions, bok choy and zucchini and stir to combine.
- Stir in the rice or quinoa.
- Squeeze the juice from the orange and add the coconut aminos and stir well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add a few dashes of sriracha and the sesame seeds.
I love meals like this, protein, fat and carb all in one – no side dishes needed!