So how exciting is it that Whole 30 has decided to include potatoes back in the plan? Well my family was super pumped about that change. Personally, I would rather eat a sweet potato or another root veggie over a white potato, but when you are cooking for your family, it can’t always be all about you. I made the potatoes to serve along with the bacon and turkey meatloaf and they were a perfect compliment. These would also be great to serve with Sunday morning breakfast too and are much easier to make than hash browns.
Herb Roasted Potatoes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Servings: About 8
- 2 – 3 lbs. of fingerling or other small potato (muli-colored if possible)
- 6 – 8 stalks of fresh rosemary
- 2 – 3 tbsp. of olive oil
- 2 – 3 tbsp. of melted ghee
- 1 – 1 1/2 tbsp. 21 seasoning salute (from trader joes) OR 1/4 tsp. each of oregano, garlic, thyme, cayenne pepper, celery salt, paprika, cumin, dried mustard, coriander
- Salt and Pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cover a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Wash and half the potatoes and place into a medium sized bowl.
- Chop the rosemary into the bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, ghee and spices.
- Pour the liquid over the potatoes and mix well.
- Spread the potatoes evenly on the baking pan.
- Sprinkle Salt and Pepper over the potatoes and place in the oven.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
The ingredient list, minus the potatoes, plus any root veggies (chopped into 1 inch pieces), would be a tasty side dish for most any recipe!