So these Granola Balls might be better entitled Paleo Heroine. Man, these things are addicting. This recipe is from Stir It Up, which many of you know is one of my favorite blogs. I made this treat last weekend (Labor Day) when my neighbor and her kids came over to swim. While I don’t typically do anything with oats, even gluten-free ones, I made an exception for this recipe. Totally worth it!
Granola Balls – slightly adapted from Stir It Up
Prep Time: 30 minutes, including 15 minutes to set in the frig
Cook Time: NONE – this is a no bake recipe
Servings: About 2 1/2 dozen (which includes a little finger licking!)
- 2 cups instant gluten-free oats (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 cup sunflower butter or other nut butter of your choice
- 1/2 cup coconut nectar or maple syrup or honey if you can’t find it
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (I used enjoy life, dairy, gluten and soy free)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients except for the chocolate chips with your hands.
- Once combined, add the chocolate chips and combine until chips are evenly distributed in the mixture.
- Place the bowl in the frig for about 15 minutes. This will allow the mixture to harden a little bit so it is easier to ball up. If you don’t have time for this step, the mixture may get very sticky.
- Take from the frig and spoon out scoops of mixture to form golf ball sized bowls.
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Allow to chill for another 15 minutes and then feel free to serve.
- Extras (if there are any) will last in the frig for several days.