The ingredients in this recipe are virtually the same as my Zoodles with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Chicken. https://contemporarycavegirl.wordpress.com/2014/03/30/zoodles-with-sundried-tomatoes-and-chicken/ In this version, though, I diced the zucchini and served the dish warm from the oven. It didn’t seem at all like the same dish. I thought that was really cool. The best part is that both dishes are incredibly easy to make and full of flavor. You could bake chicken in with this as well, but I had grilled chicken separately so served this as a side dish.
Baked Zucchini with Sundried Tomatoes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 12 side dish servings
- 5 – 6 medium sized zucchinis, diced into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 ounces of fresh sun dried tomatoes, softened in hot water and diced
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. each of salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium sized baking dish, combine the zucchini, tomatoes and basil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil and salt and pepper
- Pour the vinegar mixture over into the baking dish over the zucchini and mix well.
- Bake in the oven until tender, not overly roasted, about 15 minutes.