We had the Lawrence Family Fall Birthday Party last weekend. Out of the 11 of us, 6 of us have birthdays in September and October. My nephew Josh is a vegetarian, so I am always looking to making different, flavorful dishes for him to taste. This one was a winner! I don’t eat quinoa very often, but when I do, I will definitely want this again.
Zesty Quinoa Salad
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: None
Servings: 12 side dish servings
- 9 cups of quinoa – I used three 12 ounce bags of frozen quinoa from Whole Foods
- 1 1/2 cups sungold cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 five ounce container of fresh baby spinach
- 1 large jar of roasted red peppers, in water
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 small can of sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup garlic infused olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp. Herbs de Provence
- salt and pepper
- Thaw quinoa or prepare it according to box instructions and allow it to cool.
- Quickly sauté the spinach in a medium sized pan on medium until just starting to wilt.
- Drain and chop the roasted red peppers.
- In a large bowl, combine the quinoa, tomatoes. spinach, roasted red peppers, scallions, cilantro and olives. Stir well to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic infused olive oil (or regular with a tbsp. of minced garlic if you don’t have it), white wine vinegar and lime juice and whisk together to make the dressing.
- Add Herb de Provence to the dressing.
- Pour a generous amount of the dressing into the quinoa mixture and stir. Add remainder of dressing as desired.
- Season with salt and pepper and dig in!
This quinoa was amazing the second day too and I added leftover shredded chicken to it for some protein.