Yeah, it is football season again. So with 3 boys plus my husband, someone usually wants to watch some game over the weekend. It is usually my oldest, but once the TV is on, every gets drawn in. This Sunday, we were invited to my neighbor’s house to watch football and celebrate her husband’s b-day. What a fun combination! Kelly (my neighbor) and I swap recipes and talk cooking shop all the time, so I wanted to make a new recipe, but also wanted it to be a crowd pleaser. Luckily, Kelly sent me this link to PaleOMG http://paleomg.com/48-paleo-super-bowl-snacks/ and I found this gem in no time. As usual, I modified the recipe to our tastes, especially after I made the first batch of marinade with maple syrup instead of honey, tasted it (thank goodness) and poured it out and started over again. My kids liked the drumsticks so much on Sunday that I made them for dinner again tonight. It was not a fluke, they loved them just as much tonight too.
Party Drumsticks – Adapted from PaleOMG
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4, 3 drumsticks each
- 1 dozen chicken drumsticks
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 tbsp. garlic infused olive oil or 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place drumsticks in 1 – 2 pyrex baking dishes, with enough room so they do not touch.
- Mix marinade ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Pour 3/4 +/- of the marinade over the drumsticks, rolling them in both directions to absorb the liquid.
- Bake for 15 minutes and flip with tongs.
- Bake another 15 minutes and confirm wings are cooked through.
- Coat the wings with the remaining marinade
- Turn on the broiler and allow wings to get crispy (but not dry) before serving.
- Let wings sit for 5 – 10 minutes before serving to allow them to cool down.
- Garnish with scallions if desired.