OK, so 2 ingredients – that is it, to make a super delicious, yummy, kid friendly recipe. I have never made a whole chicken. So there was pasture raised, hormone free, “happy” chickens at the market and I bought one. I came home, through it in the crockpot and decided to try out this new teriyaki sauce that I had just ordered from amazon. It contains coconut sap, salt, ginger, onion, garlic and cayenne pepper. So, if you are doing a Whole 3o, you probably don’t want to use this sauce, but other than that, I think it is a very good option. Here is what you do:
Crockpot Whole Chicken
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 5 – 6 minutes
Servings: About 6
- 1 whole chicken (about 4 – 5 lbs.)
- 1/3 jar Coconut Secret brand Teriyaki sauce
- Place whole chicken in the bottom of your crockpot.
- Pour Teriyaki sauce over chicken to coat well on both sides.
- Cook chicken on low for about 5 – 6 hours.
- After 3 1/2 – 4 hours, check the chicken to make sure it is getting close to cooked
- Turn the chicken over and cook for another 1 1/2 – 2 hours.
- Remove from crockpot, let the chicken sit for about 5 minutes.
- Slice up and serve with some extra teriyaki sauce
Our dinner plates also had some quinoa mixed with roasted red peppers, basil infused olive oil, fresh basil, salt and pepper, and steamed brocollini with melted ghee. Finger licking good!!!!