This is my new go to appetizer. First, it is SO easy to make. Second, you don’t need a lot of ingredients. Third, it tastes flipping fantastic. Fourth, looks like you fussed and you didn’t. I made a practice round of these last weekend in preparation for a little catering gig I did last week. Yeah, you are probably thinking that you didn’t know that I cater. That is because I don’t cater, but it is a much longer story that goes into how I have a really hard time saying no, especially when it for a good cause, and I will spare you the details …
When I made these for the real thing, they were the last recipe I made after a long day of prep work. I needed to really make twice as many as I did, but ran out of time. So, the few who enjoyed these were lucky to do so and I noticed the same 4 or 5 people grabbing the last few bundles, greedily. Good for you guys.
I didn’t have time to snap pictures that night, so I made a just because batch tonight which I will look forward to eating and snacking on this week!!
Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus Bundles
Prep Time: 5 – 7 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 12 – 15 bundles
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1/4 – 1/3 lb. prosciutto
- 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the asparagus spears so they measure 4 – 5” from the top of the flower.
- Cut the prosciutto into strips.
- Group 3 asparagus spears together and wrap them with the prosciutto.
- Line the cookies sheet with the bundles.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the bundles, followed by the balsamic vinegar.
- Grind some black pepper over bundles.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the asparagus is just starting to get tender.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.