Thanks to my friend Kate for highlighting this recipe to me. Then, thanks to my sister Rebecca for making this recipe and confirming how absolutely fantastic it was. These roaring endorsements compelled me to make it for dinner the other night. We used to eat eggs for dinner a lot, it was our Tuesday night meal! I have shied away from it recently because we eat eggs for breakfast usually and I like to have some kind of variety in our diets. Because we don’t eat them regularly, the kids were actually psyched to see the eggs on the counter while I was doing the prep. (wow, good tactic on my part!) It was my first attempt at making a frittata, which had always kind of scared me for some unknown reason. I was wrong, though. Frittatas are pretty simple and I will definitely make them more often now. You could definitely sub out ingredients with this recipe, but I think this combination is perfect.
Dinner Frittata – Adapted from Stupid Easy Paleo
Prep Time: 15 minutes (excluding baking the sweet potato)
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 lb. ground meat (I used turkey)
- 6 breakfast sausage links ( I used applegate farms pre-cooked pork sausage, but you could use turkey), thawed and diced.
- 1 medium sweet potato, cooked, peeled and chunked
- 6 scallions, diced
- 1 – 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees
- Take a large skillet out and warm the tbsp. of coconut oil over a medium heat.
- Saute the ground meat in the pan until just done, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Then add in the broccoli and the scallions and sauté these ingredients as well.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, smoked paprika, salt and pepper and whisk thoroughly.
- Add the chunked sweet potatoes to the egg mixture as well.
- Add the diced sausage and the ground meat to the skillet and combine.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and allow to sit for a minute or two.
- Then place the skillet in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes and bake until the eggs are no longer loose.
- Cut sized wedges and serve immediately.
I will put eggs back into our dinner rotation so look for some different frittata variations too.