I can not take credit for this recipe. Nor can I be blamed for my child’s long and dirty fingernails. In our house, we have a strict division of responsibilities. It has been that way since we were first married, 22 years ago. Virtually everything to do with the kids as far as friends, activities, driving, haircuts, clothes, school, blah blah blah falls in my court. Cutting nails falls in Matt’s court. Fortunately, it was also Matt who whipped together this brunch for Jeremy last weekend when I was upstairs doing laundry, which is also on my list…
The steps to make this were very basic, but you definitely need the right pan to do it, meaning one that does not stick! The other boys wanted the same brunch that Jeremy had, but unfortunately for them, we were out of eggs! The reason why I call this an anytime egg wrap is because you can put just about anything in it and eat it at anytime you want: think veggies (raw or cooked); salsa; ground meat; leftover chicken; guacamole etc.
Anytime Egg Wrap
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 1 slice of nitrate-free ham, bacon or smoked turkey
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Lightly grease a medium sized skillet with butter or ghee.
- Whisk the eggs, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Warm the skillet on medium heat and add the eggs once the butter or ghee has melted.
- Once the liquid has absorbed on the eggs, about 90 seconds, take a large spatula and flip the eggs. (This takes a lot of skill/practice so my husband sliced the egg in half and flipped it in two pieces.)
- Cook the eggs on the opposite side, about 1 minute.
- Remove from pan onto a large plate.
- Layer on the ham, cheese and veggies on 1/2 of the egg tortilla.
- Place the second half of the egg tortilla on top of the filling and roll up.
- Eat immediately and Enjoy!