Finally, it is an original recipe created by me. I was talking to my friend Connie and she mentioned that she had made a burger recipe with pumpkin in it. It sounded interesting so I came home and played around with what I had at home and created these tasty treats. I admit it, my kids ate them on mini egg-challah rolls, but Matt and I really enjoyed them over baby kale.
Pork and Pumpkin Sliders
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 12 – 14 sliders, 2 per person
- 2 lbs. organic ground pork
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup or honey, plus extra for serving
- 1 tsp. dried sage
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. salt and pepper
- 2 cups greens
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix the slider ingredients together well in a medium sized bowl.
- Form into oval shaped sliders.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve over greens, sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and a dizzle of honey on top.