This is super bowl recipe #1. Super easy and delicious. Maybe not paleo challenge clean, but much better than your typical nacho recipe, particularly because they are not made with tortilla chips. These are pretty striped down because that is how my family likes them but I will list out some good options for you to add in too!
Plantain Chip Nachos
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 8 ish
- 2 containers of whole foods plantain chips, not the tiny broken pieces (eat those!)
- 2 pounds of ground meat to make nacho meat https://contemporarycavegirl.wordpress.com/2014/04/25/make-your-own-tacos/
- 3/4 jar of salsa, plus extra for dipping
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- jalapeno peppers (optional)
- sliced black olives (optional)
- sliced avocado (optional)
- diced onion (optional)
- spiced mayo (optional) start with https://contemporarycavegirl.wordpress.com/2014/06/02/fast-mayo/, then add 1 tbsp. each chili powder, cumin, paprika, apple cider vinegar, diced chilies
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare nacho meat according to instructions.
- After meat has been prepared, add salsa to meat mixture.
- Layer meat on top of plantain chips.
- Add shredded cheese if desired.
- Bake in the oven for about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining toppings as desired.
- Serve immediately with extra salsa for dipping.