I have a lot of vegetable hummus recipes as dips and things with sunflower butter and unfortunately, if you are following Passover in the strictest sense, sesame seeds (tahini) and sunflower seeds are off limits. So here is a great dip that you can use with vegetables or to spread on chicken, lunch meat, pretty much anything, even eggs! Best of all, it takes no time to make it, literally. I made it with pecans, but you can pretty much use any nut that you like. Walnuts would probably be a good choice, but since we have an allergy in our house, I try to avoid them.
Roasted Red Pepper Dip
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: None
Servings: 1 1/2 cups
- 1 12 ounce jar of roasted red peppers, in water, drained
- 1 cup of pecans
- 1 tbsp. garlic infused olive oil
- 1 tbsp. homemade mayo (see recipe for fast mayo on blog)
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In your food processor, add the nuts and chop until they are finely ground.
- Add the remaining ingredients one at a time and blend in between each addition.
- Check dip for taste and consistency and modify if needed.
- Serve at room temperature or cold