I talk about this recipe all the time and I was really surprised that I had never posted it before. I guess I haven’t made it recently since I started making Ham and Egg Cups for breakfast for my husband. Prior to that, though, I made a batch of these every week. The recipe is from Paleo Table, which was one of the first blogs I started to follow when I embarked on my Paleo journey. The blog author, Pam, looks like she is just about my age and she also has teenagers, so I kind of felt like we were friends even though I had never met her. My friend Laurie was looking for a quick, no fuss option for breakfast that would be both satisfying and filling. These “cookies” can do the trick. They are also great for a morning or afternoon snack, particularly for your kids, if you can bring nuts to school.
5 Ingredient Breakfast Cookie (Inspired by Paleo Table)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 12 cookies, 2 each for breakfast or 1 for snack
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup raw, unsalted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 3 tbsp. apple juice infused cranberries
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Coarsely chop the almonds in the food processor. They should still be chunky.
- Mash bananas in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the chopped almonds, coconut flour and cinnamon and mix well.
- Batter should be on the thick side – if the bananas are really ripe you may need to add a little bit more coconut flour.
- Mix in dried fruit as desired.
- Scoop out dough into 12 cookies and press out flat with back side of spoon.
- Bake for 15 minutes, but check after 10 just to be safe!
These are great with a little nut butter spread on top too, according to my husband, anyhow.