I couldn’t believe I never added this recipe on my blog because I make it all the time. I hosted my Sides, Salads and Desserts cooking class this past Friday night and when I was getting the handouts together, I dug up the recipe at the bottom of my Open Faced Apple Pie. (BTW, that is a great recipe if you haven’t made it.) It is an old post when I used to put more than 1 recipe in a post, which is a huge rookie mistake that I made all the time. Anyhow, I didn’t get a great picture of the whipped cream, but you can see me adding it on top of my Mixed Berry Crisp, which I will post the recipe for later today.
Coconut milk whipped cream
Prep Time: 5 minutes (not including refrigeration time)
Cook Time: None
Servings: 12 nice sized dallops
• 2 cans of full fat coconut milk, refrigerated for at least 24 hours, 48 hours is better (I use Native Forest brand as it works the best, but Whole Foods or TJ can also work)
• 1 tbsp. vanilla
• 1 tsp. – 1 tbsp. of sweetener (liquid stevia, coconut sugar, maple syrup), optional, I prefer stevia, though.
1. Open the coconut milk and carefully scoop off the thickened milk on top. You can keep the liquidy part to use later for a smoothie or something.
2. Place the hardened milk into a bowl and beat with a mixer on high until it thickens. Add vanilla and sweetener to taste.
3. Place in refrigerator to thicken more if needed.
Serve on top of any dessert or berries or just eat with a spoon!