I have made this recipe many times, but have never actually documented it. It is the perfect anytime recipe because you can really make it with any kind of fruit – apples or pears and cinnamon in the fall and winter, berries, pit fruits, just not melon or citrus. It is always a crowd pleaser and eliminates the need for making a fruit platter and a dessert when you are entertaining. Make some coconut milk whipped cream to go along with it.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 containers blueberries
- 2 containers raspberries
- 1 container blackberries
- 1 1/2 container strawberries
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ maple syrup
- ¼ coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups macadamia nuts, crushed
- 1 tsp. salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash all berries and drain.
- Cut strawberries in half.
- Place all the berries in a medium sized casserole dish.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over berries.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the almond meal, macadamia nuts, salt, maple syrup, coconut oil and salt.
- Sprinkle the nut mixture evenly over the berries.
- Place in the crisp in the oven for 15 minutes. Check to see if the crisp is starting to brown and the berries are warming.
- Cook for an additional 5 – 10 minutes as needed. Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes and then serve with coconut milk whipped cream.