You know that saying, necessity is the mother of invention? (Yeah, I had to google it to make sure I didn’t screw it up.) Well this saying is definitely application to this recipe. I made this recipe up for me, but since it is so yummy, to me anyhow, I thought that perhaps you might like it to. I was looking for a breakfast that tasted good and that I would look forward to eating. The breakfast also had to have a good blast of protein. Here are my current eating limitations (I will spare you the details): NO EGGS, NO FRUIT, NO NUTS, NO SEEDS, NO PSEUDO GRAINS, NO BEEF OR PORK.
So, I knew a sweet potato had to go into the mix and I wanted some cinnamon, since I love it and it is a great anti-oxidant. I added in some lean, but satisfying protein, a little bit of fat and there you have it, Savory Breakfast Sweet Potatoes. Maybe you will enjoy them as much as I have …
Savory Breakfast Sweet Potatoes
Prep Time: 30 minutes (baking the potato)
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 lb. ground turkey (or any ground meat you like)
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 – 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place sweet potato on it to bake.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes until very soft.
- Remove sweet potato from oven and let cool. Then remove the skin, it should slide right off.
- In the meantime, in a medium sized skillet brown the ground turkey over medium heat. I don’t add any cooking oil, but if you would like, some coconut oil would be fine.
- Once browned, add the sweet potato and mash together with the turkey.
- Add the cinnamon, salt and coconut milk, 1/2 cup at a time.
- Stir to combine and achieve desired consistency.
- Remove from heat and divide into 4 servings, one to eat immediately and three to save for the next few days.