This recipe was calling to me. I had it all made up in my head, but nowhere to bring it. Fortunately, my neighbor Kelly was kind enough to host a little Cinco De Mayo party last night so that I could test it out and make it. Kelly and I loved it, while the others had lots of tortilla chips and guacamole. That was a good choice too!!
Cinco De Mayo Fruit Salad
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: None, but good to marinate for a few hours in fridge
Servings: 8 – 10
- 2 ripe mangos (organic if possible), peeled and de-pitted
- 2 6 oz. containers blueberries (organic is critical)
- 1 container strawberries (organic is critical)
- 1 small jicama, peeled
- 1/4 cup of lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 5 – 6 drops of liquid stevia (optional)
- Cut mango into bite sized pieces.
- Dice jicama into thin pieces.
- Cut strawberries in half or quarters, depending on the size.
- Add all the fruit, including the blueberries into a medium sized container with a lid.
- Combine the lime juice, water, cayenne pepper and stevia in a small bowl.
- Pour the juice mixture over the fruit.
- Close the lid, shake to combine and check to see if fruit is well covered.
- Add additional juice if needed.
- Allow to sit in the fridge for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Serve chilled with lime wedges to garnish.