So literally, you can make this frittata with Whatchagot (what you have in the house). Don’t go to the market, don’t buy anything! Before making my first frittata, I was always intimidated by them. They sound kind of fancy, kind of well, hard to make. It could not be more opposite from the truth. Frittatas are super easy to prepare and the best part about them (compared to say omelettes) is that they maintain their shape and firmness. You just need a couple of critical things – a big frying pan, a dozen eggs, some good spices and then any veggies or meat that you desire. Frittatas also freeze well and you can eat them at any meal, breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner and believe me this frittata was eaten at all those meals and more!
Prep Time: 7 – 10 times
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 8 nice sized slices
- 1 dozen eggs
- 6 applegate farms pork sausage links, chopped
- 4 pieces of nitrate free ham, diced
- 4 scallions or 1/2-2/3 cup onions
- 2 – 3 cups of kale
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup (or more) shredded cheese (optional)
- 2 tbsp. Herbs de Provence
- 1 tsp. salt and pepper each
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, butter or ghee
- Other items to consider (the list can go on forever)
- Shredded carrots
- Diced chicken
- Ground meat
- Italian Seasoning
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Take out a large frying pan and warm oil over medium heat.
- Add onions, kale and mushrooms and saute until tender.
- Add in meat and combine well and turn heat down to low.
- In a large bowl, crack eggs and stir well with a whisk.
- Add salt and pepper and Herb de Provence and combine.
- Pour the egg mixture into the large frying pan.
- Make sure eggs are fully covering the bottom of the pan and the meat and veggies are evenly spread out.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of frittata and allow the eggs to set slightly to the side of the pan.
- Remove from head and insert into oven to cook.
- Check the frittata after 15 minutes to see confirm it is browned and cook through.
- Let sit for 5 minutes, cut with a pizza cutter or a knife and serve immediately.