I loved this meal because it was so flavorful, just by the spices alone. The other great thing about this meal is that you can make it vegan, vegetarian or paleo. I actually liked the vegan version the best, whereas my kids and husband ate the paleo version. You can make it as a main course or as a side dish. You can eat is warm or room temperature. Did I mention that it is so easy to prep – 15 minutes, start to finish, seriously. Woo hoo!
Thai Cabbage and Shrimp Stir Fry
Prep Time: 7 – 8 minutes
Cook Time: 7 – 8 minutes
Servings: 6 dinner portions
- 1 package chopped cabbage/coleslaw mix
- 1 container sliced mushrooms
- 1 – 2 peppers (any color), chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. garlic infused olive oil
- 1 – 1 1/2 lb. shrimp, pre-cooked or raw (optional)
- 4 – 6 eggs (optional)
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tbsp. minced ginger
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper each
- Warm 1 tbsp. each of sesame oil and olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the slaw, peppers and mushrooms and saute. Cook until starting to soften, about 3 minutes.
- In the meantime, if desired scramble eggs in a small frying pan coated with ghee or grass-fed butter.
- If you are adding shrimp and it is uncooked, also saute the shrimp in a small frying pan with olive oil until cooked through and set aside.
- Add the curry powder, minced ginger, salt and pepper and the remaining sesame oil to the slaw mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the basil, reserving a few pieces for garnish.
- If you are vegan – STOP HERE. Otherwise, add the cooked eggs and stir throughly.
- Plate the slaw and add the cooked shrimp to each plate.
- Garnish with remaining basil.