Are you looking to make your sweet potato fries a little bit crispier without burning them? This is an easy solution! You coat them in some arrowroot flour before baking … Super easy.
Crispy Sweet Potato Fries
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 18 – 20 minutes
Servings: About 6
- 2 medium to large sweet potatoes (peeled or not, you choose)
- About 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 5 – 6 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into fry shaped strips – not too thick because they won’t cook, not too thin because they will burn.
- Place the fries into a large zip lock bag.
- Sprinkle the arrowroot flour into the bag, a little at a time, enough to coat the fries, but now drown them.
- Cover 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Lay the fries out evenly on the parchment paper and coat with 2 tbsp. of coconut oil per sheet.
- Then salt the fries and place in the oven to bake.
- About 1/2 way through, take out the fries to check and turn so they cook evenly.
- Add an additional tbsp. of coconut oil if needed to keep them moist.
- Bake for an additional 8 – 10 minutes.
- Remove from trays and serve immediately.
You can add some cinnamon or drizzle some maple syrup or honey on these for a really decadent treat.