So you know how people say that raisins are nature’s candy? Well, I think that these brussel sprouts are actually nature’s candy. They are sweet, savory, spicy and have great texture. I hadn’t eaten brussel sprouts in SO LONG. I’ve been working hard to repair my digestion and I am finally back to eating cruciferous vegetables. WOO HOO! This recipe is super easy and great for everyday or for company. I used baby brussel sprouts, but you could use regular sized ones, you would just need to trim them and cut them in half. ENJOY!
Sweet and Spicy Brussel Sprouts
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 12 – 16 minutes
Servings: 3 – 4 side dish servings
- 1 lb. baby brussel sprouts
- 2 tbsp. melted ghee
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 – 2 tsp. sriracha (or more or less depending on how spicy you like things)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees
- Wash and trim (if needed) brussel sprouts. If you are using full sized sprouts, cut them in half so they cook more thoroughly.
- Place brussel sprouts on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl or shaker, combine ghee, vinegar, syrup and sriracha and mix well.
- Dab your finger into the mixture just to double check flavors and tweak as needed.
- Pour over brussel sprouts and make sure to coat well.
- Sprinkle salt over the sprouts.
- Place in oven and bake for approximately 12 minutes.
- Check to see if sprouts are tender. They should be soft to the touch and browned.
- Serve immediately or add to a salad.