I love broccoli slaw. I eat it warm, cold, room temperature, fork, spoon, fingers, it doesn’t matter. It is crunchy and tasty and colorful and filled with Vitamin A, C and fiber. I wanted to add some vegan protein to this recipe, so included a can of chick peas. For my paleo followers, you can omit the chick peas and replace with green peas or add some leftover shredded chicken.
Broccoli Slaw with Tahini Dressing
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: None
Servings: 4 lunch sized portions
- 1 bag prepared broccoli slaw
- 1/2 bag of shredded carrots (5 ounces +/-)
- 5 medium stalks of celery sliced into small pieces
- one 15 ounce can of chick peas, rinsed well
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup lime juice
- 2 – 3 tbsp. black sesame seeds
- 5 drops liquid stevia (optional)
- salt to taste
- In a medium sized bowl with a lid, combine the broccoli slaw, shredded carrots, celery and chick peas.
- In a shaker bottle or small covered bowl, combine the tahini, olive oil, lime juice and stevia and shake well to combine.
- Pour dressing over slaw mixture.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Generous sprinkle with salt as well.
- Place the lid on the bowl and shake vigorously to combine.
- Taste slaw to make sure it is seasoned appropriately and adjust as needed.
- Eat immediately or refrigerate for later.